We invite all of our members to attend the 2015 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the ECOLE Project.
The Meeting will be held on WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 4th from 5:30 to 8pm in Burnside Hall room 1B23 (in the basement). The space is fully wheelchair accessible. Additional accessibility information is available at the bottom of this page or on the Facebook event.
You will find the Facebook event for the Meeting here:
The Meeting will be preceded by a free serving of vegan chili and rice at 5:30. The Meeting will open at 6pm and will last approximately 2 hours.
The Annual General Meeting is a chance for all of our members to learn about and have a say in the ECOLE Project’s governance and administration. Members will be called upon to vote on changes to ECOLE’s by-laws and to elect a new Board of Directors.
Members of the ECOLE Project are defined as follows:
- All members of the Students’ Society of McGill University who have not opted out of the ECOLE Project Fee*
- All other students, faculty, and staff members of McGill University and any resident of Montreal**
*Please note that if you have opted out of the ECOLE Project Fee, you are not considered a member for the purposes of voting at our Annual General Meeting. However, you still have access to the ECOLE House and all of ECOLE’s programming initiatives.
**Members in this category must fill out a simple membership request form in order to be included in our list of members.
Anyone who is not eligible to be a member or who does not wish to become a member is welcome to attend the Assembly as an observer.
The agenda for the Assembly is as follows:
- Land Acknowledgement and Welcome to the Meeting
- Opening of the Meeting
- Nomination of a Meeting President
- Nomination of a Meeting Secretary
- Adoption of the agenda
- Adoption of the minutes of the 2014 Annual General Assembly
- Financial report: 2014-2015 fiscal year
- Financial forecast: presentation of the 2015-2016 budget
- Questions on financial presentations
- Appointment of an auditor for the 2015-2016 fiscal year
- Report on ECOLE Collective activities, 2014-2015
- Overview of ECOLE Collective and Portfolio activities, 2015-2016
- Report on ECOLE Programming activities, 2014-2015
- Overview of 2015-2016 programming
- Stretch Break
- Report on Fee Levy campaign
- Report on ECOLE Board activities, 2014-2015
- Report on ECOLE Coordinator activities, 2014-2015
- Questions on all reports
- Proposal of amendments to the Constitution
- Ratification of the amendments
- Proposal of amendments to the Letters Patent
- Ratification of the amendments
- Election of the 2015-2016 Board members
- Presentation of the candidates
- Community announcements
- Election results
If you are interested in running for a position on ECOLE’s Board of Directors, please email email@example.com to indicate your interest by Tuesday, November 3rd at midnight. In addition, please come the AGM prepared to speak for a maximum of 2 minutes on why you would like to sit on ECOLE’s Board. If you are uncomfortable with public speaking, you may also email us a written statement that we will read out for you.
The composition of ECOLE’s Board of Directors is as follows:
- 3 McGill student seats (1 ECOLE Facilitator, 1 SSMU Councillor or legislator, and 1 other McGill student, either undergraduate or graduate)
- 2 McGill staff member seats
- 2 McGill faculty member seats
- 2 Montreal community member seats
We are seeking candidates for student, faculty, and community members seats in particular.
Additional accessibility information for the Meeting: Burnside Hall is on the southeast corner of McGill’s downtown campus. It is the tall concrete tower to the right as you enter via Roddick Gates on Sherbrooke Street. Burnside 1B23 is in the basement of the building and is wheelchair accessible. Elevators to the basement are accessed via the main lobby of the building. There are two entrances to the lobby, on the North and South sides of the building. Only the entrance on the NORTH side has automatic doors. Once in the basement, you must go down either a ramp or 3 steps to get from the elevators to the meeting room. The nearest wheelchair accessible washrooms are approximately 30 metres from the meeting room. The nearest gender-neutral washrooms are on the 6th floor of the building next to the elevator and are wheelchair accessible. Lighting throughout the building, including the meeting room, is fluorescent. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the space will be scent free. If you require childcare for the event, please let us know as soon as possible.
We hope to see you at the meeting!